Pioneer Public Speaking is a new form of presenting your ideas to the world online and at the PIONEER. We invite students to send us 5-12 minute videos in which you speak about issues of environmental concern. High quality productions will be shared on our social media pages and on our website, and the best two presenters will be invited to The PIONEER Olympiad 2017 to present their talk at The PIONEER Olympiad opening ceremony.
[LEADERSHIP] | Public Speaking | Rules
- Speech must be between 5 and 8 minutes long. Only one student may prepare each speech. Each student may submit multiple talks.
- Talks must be on a topic related to the environment
- Videos must be uploaded to a youtube and shared only by The Pioneer Olympiad for evaluation
- Video must be submitted using by sending an e-mail to email@example.com a link to the vimeo page. VIDEOS POSTED DIRECTLY TO OUR SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- The Pioneer will upload no more than one video per week to our YouTube page, with links to our website, Facebook, and Twitter
- The PIONEER Olympiad reserves the right to add our logo and make modifications before posting accepted submissions
- Videos must be submitted before May 20, 2017, in order to be considered for presentation at the The PIONEER Olympiad 2017. Note that videos submitted earlier have more opportunities to be liked on social media, which is one of our criteria of evaluation for presenting at the The PIONEER Olympiad
- Submission of your video to The PIONEER Olympiad means that you are giving permission us to use your video talk on the The PIONEER Olympiad website, promotional materials and social media under the The PIONEER Olympiad name
- Presenters must wear business or business casual attire in the video and at the The PIONEER Olympiad, if invited
- The presentation should be as dynamic as possible, including video of yourself, your presentation, and any other visuals you wish to offer (switching back and forward between different modes).
[LEADERSHIP] | Public Speaking | Judging Criteria
- Originality of Topic
- Relevance of Topic to a General Audience
- Quality of Production
- Presentation Skills
- Likes on Social Media