Empowering and Inspiring Girls
Girls are the future: educating them saves lives; employing them grows economies faster; empowering them creates change. In many places in the world, this is unfortunately not recognised or not acted upon. The PIONEER Olympiad seeks to celebrate those empowered girls and those who help them to take their futures into their own hands.
Inspiring and Empowering Girls is about those projects and ideas which helps girls see what power they hold within them, how they can use that power to make real change in the communities around them, and give them the tools to make that change a reality. Projects should help girls to act for themselves, not on their behalf.
[LEADERSHIP] | Empowering and Inspiring Girls | Rules
- Application: Projects must be happening in reality, not purely theoretical.
- Application: Projects can be entered by groups of up to four students.
- Application: Projects must be accompanied by a written submission detailing the origins, progress and future direction of the project.
- Application: The written submission should be no more than 5 pages long in .doc, .docx or .pdf format. The submission must be written in English but may include translated comments in another language if this adds to the submission.
[LEADERSHIP] | Empowering and Inspiring Girls | Judging Criteria
- Creativity of project
- Originality of project
- Measurable impact on the daily lives of girls and women
- Forward planning and ideas for the future