Posters have been used for centuries for these purposes, and have been instrumental in transforming and reshaping societies around the world. Whether affirmative or challenging, The PIONEER Olympiad is seeking posters that can inform the public and encourage action or change as well as give new social and political forms visual shape and an imagined personality.
A poster should motivate to think differently about the things that people may be learning or doing about environment, should aim to create a behavioral change regarding environmental problems (local or global) such as global warming, water (pollution or usage), air pollution or quality, waste management (reduce, reuse, and recycle), energy, etc.
[ART&DESIGN] | Rules
- Application: Art projects (except Short Film) can be prepared and submitted by only one student. Short Film projects can be prepared and submitted by two students.
- Application: You will be required to submit your art work as part of the application process (submitted by uploading a document within the application system) and a one-page artist statement. All projects must submit their artwork.
- Application: Poster art, photography projects must submit their art work in JPEG format with a file size under 5 MB.
- Application: All imagery must be your own work.
- Application: File names must be in English characters.
- At the Fair: Printed art work (for poster art, photography projects) must be 45×60 cm to be displayed at the The PIONEER Olympiad. The PIONEER Olympiad will provide a black foam board of 55×70 cm for all artwork display.
- At the fair: Students are allowed to make changes and improve their projects between application and fair presentation.
- At the Fair: Read Finalist guide under rules for more information.
- At the Fair: You are highly encouraged to bring your instruments. The Pioneer will not be able to provide any instruments:
- At the Fair: The judging room will have technical capabilities to provide video and sound playback. The judging room will be open to public during judging process.
- Expression of Meaning
- Expression of Emotion
- Overall Expression
[ART&DESIGN] | Judging Criteria